Corfu United Rent A Car, is the best independent car hire company on the island of Corfu, with an impressive, unrivaled selection of new cars and many satisfied customers. We believe in customer service dedication.
Unlike broker firms, our clients do not need a credit card for security deposit and the card may be in other driver’s name. Cash payments are acceptable. You may also pay on-line today by credit card.
Our Rates include
- Unlimited Mileage
- Free Cancellation or Modifications at any time
- Free Baby Seats
- Additional drivers
- Hotline & Roadside Assistance 24/7
- Corfu Road Map
- C.D.W. - Collision Damage Waiver Insurance
- T.P. - Third Party Liability Coverage. All vehicles are insured against liability to third parties for death or injury or property damage
All reservations are based on vehicle groups and not on a certain car model. We try to assign to each reservation the chosen car model, but in case of no availability of the chosen model, our company reserves the right to offer to the customer a similar model. The similar model will be a vehicle that will belong in the same group – category with the chosen model. Also, our company reserves the right to offer to the customer a model of bigger group – category with no extra charge (free upgrade)
2. Driver’s Age
For groups Mini, Economy & Soft Top the driver must be between 18 & 75 years old.For groups, Compact, Full size, Crossover, SUV, 7-9 Seater & Convertible the driver must be between 24 & 75 years old.
3. Driving License
The driving license must be issued two months before car pickup date.National Driving Licenses issued in EU, & UK are accepted.Citizens of all other countries are required to have a valid international Driver’s’ License along with their regular Drivers’ License.The Driver is required to display the Driving License before the pickup of the car.
4. Deposit For Booking Confirmation
No Deposit Required to book a car
5. Payment Method
There are three available ways. You can pay by credit card on the reservation or you can pay in cash or by credit card upon arrival. Currently, we offer a 10% discount if you choose “Credit Card Now” or “upon arrival in Cash”
6. Booking Length & Minimum Rental Charge
The minimum booking length is a few hours and the maximum is 90 days.The minimum rental charge is one day.If you wish to rent a vehicle for more than 90 days please contact us for a quotation.If the renter wishes to keep the rental vehicle more from the agreed period, the renter must contact with us in order to change the rental contract and also to be informed for the extra charges that may apply.If the renter returns the vehicle later from the agreed time there will apply extra charges
7. 24/7 Road Assistance
All our vehicles are covered by 24hrs road assistance.
8. Fuel Policy
The renter has to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel as delivered.If the renter returns the vehicle with less level of fuel, that was delivered, the renter will be charged the fuel difference.There is no refund if the renter returns the vehicle with more level of fuel that was delivered.
Unlimited mileage is included in our rates.
10. Baby, Child & Booster Seats
We offer 3 different types of child seats to cover the various age groups.
- Baby Seat (0 – 2 years)
- Child Seat (2 – 5 years)
- Booster Seat (5 – 10 years)
The child seats are available upon request.
11. Additional Driver
One additional driver is free of charge.If you require more than one additional driver the extra cost is 2€/day per driver.The additional driver must accept the same terms & conditions as the main driver.
12. VAT & Taxes
Our rates are final and include VAT and all taxes. No hidden costs.
13. After Hours Delivery & Collection of Vehicles
We can deliver and collect the rental vehicle even outside working hours (23:00 – 07:00).The extra cost for this service depends the area.
14. Trafic Violations,Trafic Fines & Administrative Sanctions
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines and appended administrative sanctions that may result from any violation of the Greek Traffic Law during the rental period.
15. Booking Cancelation
Free Cancellation policy – No time limit – Pease inform us as soon as possible in case of a cancellation.
16. Booking Modification
No time limit – Depend on availability.
17. Driving Restrictions & Coverage Exclusions
Only drivers explicitly stated in the rental agreement are allowed to drive the car rental. Any damage or loss caused by unauthorized drivers is not covered. Renters must not drive the car rentals under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in any other negligent way, since they will be liable to any damage and loss caused to the car rental.
18. No Show
If the renter does not pick up the vehicle at the agreed day and time, without prior written notice at email@example.com the reservation will be canceled after 3 hours. In this case, the renter charged one-day rental. This term does not apply for flight delays or ship delays. In case of flight delay or ship delay the renter (if possible) has to inform us about the delay.
19. Road Accident
In case of a road accident, you have to inform our company immediately and also the police. The police will record the accident, and you have to get a copy of the police report.Without a police report, the renter takes full responsibility.
20. Ferrying The Car
Ferrying the car it costs 60€ / per reservation.With the authorization, we offer free transportation of the car back in Corfu in case of accident or car damage.We can not provide car repair or car replaced when the car has driven elsewhere than Corfu island.The car is not covered by any insurance during ferry transport.
21. Across The Border Rental
Renters are not allowed to take the car outside the Greek borders.
22. Pets & Animals
Pets and Animals are not allowed to carry with our vehicles.If you require to carry your pet you may contact us.
Third Party Insurance – Liability (TPI or TPL):
Includes in the rental cost. The renter’s liability covered for material damages, for death and for bodily injuries to third parties.
Legal Protection Insurance (LPI)
Includes in the rental cost. Legal protection, also know as legal expenses cover protects you against possible costs of legal action following an accident.
Collision Damage Waiver C.D.W.:
Includes in the rental cost. With this insurance in case of damage the renter’s liability limits to an excess amount. All those details can be seen detailed on the 3rd step on the reservation form For the secure deposit we accept cash, debit or credit card
(Excess and secure deposit depends on the car group and the divers age)
This insurance does not cover damages to glass parts (windscreen, mirrors), wheels, tires and to the underside of the car. A valid debit or credit card in the driver’s name required as a guarantee on the pickup date. The excess amount depends on the chosen group the excess amount for damages to wheels, tires, to the underside of the car and to the body of the car, will be authorized against your credit card at the time of the rental. This amount will no longer be available for your immediate use and may take up to 14 days, depending on your bank, to become available. Cash accepted for secure deposit.
This insurance Includes:
- Personal Accident Insurance is included in the Full Protection can be obtained covering driver’s medical expenses resulting from an accident with the rented vehicle and for the loss of life or total partial permanent disablement
- Theft & Fire Protection is included in the Full Protection. and with this insurance, you are fully covered in case of fire or theft. This insurance doesn’t cover if the theft occurred because of negligence (e.g. keys left either in the ignition or inside the vehicle). This insurance also doesn’t cover theft of personal belongings.
- Glass Parts & Tire Protection is included in the Full Protection
- Super Collision Damage Waiver is an optional service which, if accepted, reduces the renter's financial responsibility in case of total theft of the United vehicle removes the excess to 0 and the deposit to a lower amount.
- Damages due to traffic law violation.
- Damages due to inappropriate driving or negligence.
- Damages that caused because the driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Damages caused by an unauthorized driver.
- Damages in the interior of the car
- Loss or Damage or Theft of Keys
- Loss or Damage of the vehicle’s child seats, jack, safety triangle, spare wheel, petrol cap.
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Damage to the engine by wrong fuel
- Damages that caused because the vehicle was used off-road or in not appropriate roads
- Damages that caused after the agreed return time.
- Damages that caused willfully or recklessly by the renter e.g. (burning out the clutch, burning out the tires, sitting or standing on the bonnet, or the roof or the boot lid of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by accident and our company and police not notified at the time of the accident
All those details can be seen detailed on the 3rd step on the reservation form For the secure deposit we accept cash, debit or credit card (Excess and secure deposit depends on the car group and the divers age).
This insurance is optional and the extra cost depends on the group of the chosen vehicle.
Vehicle Cleaning Charge:
If you return the car very dirty, then you will be charged 30€ (including VAT) for the cleaning of the vehicle.